Which Portland suburb is one of the nation’s top 10 places to raise children?
Portland’s Lake Oswego has been identified as one of the country’s top 10 most desirable places for parents to live in an annual study.
The report, by online real estate brokerage ZipRealty, was compiled by analyzing the best-rated public school districts in 23 areas nationwide and the median price per square foot for real estate in those areas.
Lake Oswego took the number 6 spot, ahead of Seattle’s Mercer Island at number 10.
The locale made the list for the second year in a row, along with Minneapolis and Austin. Delano, Minn. took top honors.In order for an area to be considered, it needed at least 10 home sales to close in 2013.
ZipRealty’s top 10 places for parents to live, listed by metro area, a quality rating (10 is the highest) and the cost-per-square foot of real estate, are:
1. Minneapolis Delano Public School District: 9.2, $101.
2. Charlotte Fort Mill School District: 9.1, $102.
3. Dallas Lovejoy Independent School District: 9.1, $114.
4. Chicago St. Charles C.U.S.D. 303: 9.0, $122.
5. Boston Harvard Public Schools: 9.1, $179.
6. Portland Lake Oswego School District: 9.8, $192.
7. NYC/Long Island Nanuet Union Free School District: 9.0, $199.
8. Austin Eanes Independent School District: 9.1, $237.
9. Orange County, Calif. Los Alamitos Unified School District: 9.2, $321.
10. Seattle Mercer Island School District 400: 9.1, $344.